Gothic Lizabeth

This is my very first attempt at doing a Steampunk style card. I like the style but it's not me, so I actually don't have any steampunk papers or stamps, so I invested in this Clockworks stamp set from Stampin' Up in my order this week as I can always use it for men's cards as well. I did a bit of browsing on the internet for Steampunk style and most of it seems to be clocks, gears, hot air balloons and lots of brown and green.

I decided to use Fussy and Fancy's Challenge #101 to use black and blue along with HYCCT17 to make a tall card. I made a DL sized card which is 4" x 8", which really worked very well with this image and layout. I just love the way this came out even though it's not me at all. Sometimes it's good to break out of the comfort zone!


Recipe:

Stamps: Gothic Lizabeth from Lacy Sunshine, Round and Round from Papertrey Ink, Clockworks from Stampin' Up

Papers: Island Indigo, Basic Black, Whisper White, regals DSP (Retired) all from Stampin' Up, Copic X-Press It Blending Card

Inks: Soft Sky, Night of Navy, Basic Black, Island Indigo all from Stampin' Up, Copic Markers

Accessories: Basic Black 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon, Antique Brads both from Stampin' Up, Resplendent Rectangles, Decorative Labels 28 both from Spellbinders, Ribbon Buckle from stash

And that's all from me for this post folks! Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeus card love all your details and nice coloring.Thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy/ Katharina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your Top 5 Pick at Fussy and Fancy Vanessa...so well deserved!!!!

    ReplyDelete

The Paper Shelter Challenge # April Showers Bring May Flowers

Good morning and welcome to my DT post for the new challenge from The Paper Shelter. This week our challenge is April Showers Bring May Fl...