Lacy Sunshine Challenge #40 Back To School

Well I've been on my summer holidays for 4 weeks now and boy has the time flown. We've visited all the caves in Somerset, been spelunking (cave exploring!) and it was incredibly fascinating. Not something I think I would have chosen to do (my boyfriend wanted to go), but it was amazing how the caves have formed over hundreds of thousands of years. I do have to admit I thoroughly enjoyed my time there.

Here's a couple of cave pictures so you can see what I mean... This one was in Wookey Hole Caves and is naturally pink from all the water dripping through the different rocks and elements.


And this one was in Cheddar Gorge's Gough's Cave and this part is known as a frozen waterfall. It looks really foamy, but it was solid and wet as these caves are still active and water still runs through them.


Anyway enough about spelunking (love that new word!) and onto my card for this week's Lacy Sunshine Challenge, Back to School. I will be going back into school in a couple of weeks to get my classroom set up for the new school year and one of the things I do every year is make myself a new notebook, so that's what I did for this challenge using the cute Eleanor and Pickles Love Books which you can find in the Lacy Sunshine store.

I started off with this bright pink padded notebook I picked up from The Works...


And turned it into this...So much cuter, don't you think?! Eleanor is just like me in this image - surrounded by books. I am a huge reader and have a Kindle full of books - way more than I'll ever be able to read in my lifetime, but I intend on reading a huge chunk of them!  I created the background paper by randomly stamping ABC, abc and 123 all over in shades of pink, grey and black. 


Recipe:

Stamps: Eleanor and Pickles Love Books from Lacy Sunshine Stamps, Back To Basics Alphabet from Stampin' Up

Papers: Basic Black, Melon Mambo, Whisper White all from Stampin' Up, Copic X-Press It Blending Card

Inks: Regal Rose (Retired), Blushing Bride, Melon mambo, Basic Black, Basic Grey, Smoky Slate all from Stampin' Up, Copic Markers

Accessories: Scalloped Square Nestabilities from Spellbinders, Sizzix Alphabet Dies (no idea which one as I don't have the original packaging for it!)

Copics Used:
Skin - E000, E00, E21, E11, R20
Hair - E51, E53, E55, E57
Pickles, Eyes & Bottom Book - YG11, G07, YG17
Pickles' Tummy - G000, G00
Blue Books - BG53, BG45
Dress & Bows - RV23, RV25, RV29
Grey on tights and dress - C00, C01
Grey Book - C2, C3

And that's all from me for this post folks! Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to pop on over to the Lacy Sunshine Challenge blog and check out all the other gorgeous DT creations and join in the fun whilst you are there too! You could win up to 5 digi images of choice from the Lacy Sunshine store or a GDT spot for the next challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All Things Magical and Mythical #120 Featuring Rainbow Fairy from Sweet November Stamps

Good morning and welcome to this week's All Things Magical and Mythical post. For today's card I have used the latest freebie digi ...