Friends are like bookends...

Good afternoon, well evening really. I'm doing this post really quickly before I head off out for the night, celebrating my friend's 60th birthday! Happy Birthday to Jan if she reads this!

This is a birthday card for another friend of mine, who will be turning 40 in a few weeks time. her lovely sister is making her a memory book and has asked me to make something for it, including a personal letter of our years together. I have known Chris since I was 17 when we did A-Level German together! That's a fair few years now!

I made her a card using the gorgeous Tea and A Book from Saturated Canary as this image is Chris to a tee! She is an English teacher, so loves her books and needs her morning cuppa too! And although the hair is not quite the right style she tends to go for short hair more than I ever will do.

Chris isn't one for lots of colour either, preferring to stick to her shades of black, a it like me there, although I do throw in a bit of pink clothing now and then LOL, so I did this card is the only colour she really wears other than black - red. I will be adding my letter of all our memories together later on, but I hope she likes it!


Recipe:

Stamps: Tea and A Book from Saturated Canary, All Booked Up & Mat Stack 4 Collection both from Papertrey Ink

Papers: Real Red, Basic Black, Whisper White, Newsprint DSP (Retired) & Ski Slope DSP (Retired) all from Stampin' Up, Super Smooth Card from That Craft Place

Inks: Real Red & Basic Black both from Stampin' Up, Copic Markers, Clear Wink of Stella, Copic MultiLiner No.5

Accessories: Shape Art Book template from Dutch Doobadoo, Real red Ribbons & basic Black Ribbon all from Stampin' Up, Flowers & Stamens from Wild Orchid Crafts, Black Ribbon Rose from Creative Expressions, Gems from The Works, Alphabet Dies from Creative Dies, Viewmaster Dies 6002/0457 from Joy Crafts

Copics Used:
Skin - E000, E00, E21, E11, E04, R20, R30
Hair - C3, C5, C7, C9
Eyes - E44, E47
Jumper - R32, R35, R37, R39
Cup - 100
Book - YG97, YG99
Table - E30, E31, E33
Wall - E50, E51, E53

And that's all from me for this post folks! Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

All Things Magical and Mythical #124 Featuring Sirena 2 from Mmedell Illustrations

Good morning and welcome to this week's All Things Magical and Mythical post. This week, I have used an old digi stamp from MMedell Ill...